Sunday, March 7, 2010

Glutton for Punishment

Why does it seem that every time humans feel ourselves spiraling out of control, that we just help the mood along? When I'm in a bad mood, I put on a sad song. When I'm bitter and tired of being single- what do I do? I watch romantic movies about people who find the love of their life in an hour or less.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we insist on beating ourselves up over what is out of our control?

I watch these movies and read such books hoping that they encourage my life on a path similar to these stories. I hope that watching these movies shows God my earnest in wanting that part of my life. In part I watch them to show that I'm not happy with my life.

But that's not true. Sometimes I feel that way, however in truth, it's more of a burning desire for the goodness to come. I know from everything that has happened in my past that God is exceedingly good to me, and that he will not fail me now. So can I not hope for the future when I know that God will only continue to guide my path.

Maybe then, the movies are not so sad. Maybe for me, they help give me more of a prophetic outlook on life. Something that I will one day have.

someday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment