Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have a confession....

I have a confession to make: I am an emotional dater. I fall pray to not just reading into boys attentions hoping that they are falling madly in love with me, but I also use boys for the attention they get and sometimes even leading them on. Now I realize that I do this from time to time and I've been working on it, but it's hard; especially for someone who has never had the thrill of being in love, in having someone pursue after me. So I settle for those little moments here and there where I get the illusion of love: It's like wanting swiss dark chocolate and getting Hersey's milk, similar, but not the same in any fact of the matter.

The thing I've realized the most is that I've stopped really putting God first. I don't read the bible and focus on him, and I don't have dedicated prayer times. I've taken him for granted. I mean, I talk to him through the whole day- I'm one of those people that looks like a crazy person because I'm always talking to myself, only God's included in those conversations. But still, I've been convicted lately in the importance of focused time, which I'm lacking in.

So here we go, I'm going to try to focus my emotions on God instead of what ever Testosterone filled person is closest. We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment